Import data from a .csv file, or excel sheet
How to import data from a file:
- Open the chart menu. (You can do this by double-clicking the chart, clicking on the chart once then clicking on edit, clicking on the chart title or clicking on the chart label)
- Click the green Import button.
- Select the .xlsx or .csv file from your computer and click on Open.
- You should get a pop-up confirming that the data has been imported.
- Click the green Save button.
Frequently Asked Questions:
I got an error message when I tried to import my file, what do I do?
There are a few reasons you may get an error message:
- Your .csv or .xslx sheet is not formatted correctly. To fix this remove any symbols, tables, or charts from your spreadsheet.
- The table format you see when you open the chart menu should match the file format. For example, with a pie chart you'll have a table with two columns when you open the chart menu, one with text and one with numbers, your table should follow a similar format.
- You have an incorrect file type. Only .csv or .xslx files will be accepted.
- The file is too big. You can import a spreadsheet with up to 1000 rows. Reduce the number of rows in your spreadsheet.
If you still have trouble with importing please reach out to us through chat or email.
To learn how to choose the right chart click here for a blog post.