Troubleshoot Downloading Issues
1) I got an error message when I tried to download
Your file may not download because of the size of your design or a weak internet connection.
Check the size of your design
Large designs take longer to download. If you answer yes to any of the following questions then the design may be too large.
- Does your design contain a lot of images, text boxes, icons, charts, or maps?
- Does the design have several pages (over 30)?
- Does the design contain a large image?
If you answered yes, you can break up the download using these steps:
- Click on Download.
- Chose Custom from the Select Pages drop-down menu.
- Enter the number that corresponds with the pages you want to download. For example, to download half of a 50-page document enter 1-25.
- Click on the file type you want to download.
- Repeat these steps to download the second half of your file. For example, to download the remaining half of a 50-page document enter 26-50.
Check your internet connection
A weak internet connection will slow down your download. Try another network and see if you run into an issue when you try to download there. Other websites will run slowly if the internet connection is slow.
Please note: If you only have one page and you run into this error, please reach out to us through chat or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Items on my page shifted when I downloaded it
If items on your page (such as your text or icons) appear to have moved when you download, use these steps to correct the issue:
- Try downloading your design on a different browser.
- Change the browser’s zoom settings to 100%. Click here for a guide on how to change the browser settings to 100%.
If the text, icons or images still appear shifted when you download please reach out to us through chat or email.
3) Part of my design is cut off or I have extra space at the bottom of my page
If your design is cut off or you have extra space at the bottom of the page, you will likely need to change the page size. To change the page size in the editor:
- Click on Settings.
- Under the Custom Page Size section, adjust the number in the Height box. For example, if the page was cut off and the page height is 600 pixels, make it 1000 pixels long.
- Click on Publish, then Preview feature to check and see if the new height works for you.
4) Special characters are not showing up correctly
Venngage fully supports the 26 characters in the Latin alphabet including standard numbers and punctuation. There are a few fonts that support some Arabic and Chinese characters. Arabic and Chinese fonts can be found at the bottom of the font drop-down.
Check if your text looks correct by downloading a test copy of your design. Even if your font looks correct when you are editing, it may not export correctly if the font itself does not support special characters or foreign accents.
With the Venngage Business account, you can use the Custom Font feature to upload a font file that supports foreign characters. This works for languages that don't use the Latin alphabet, but in some cases, only Latin characters are supported.