Change the Background
In This Article:
Adding a color, pattern or gradient:
Using these steps you’ll be able to change the background color or select a color gradient for the background. You'll also be able to apply a pattern to the background.
- Click on the word Background on the toolbar to the left.
- You can change the color under Swatch Colors, click on the plus sign to add a new color with the color picker. Check under Gradients to select a gradient color option.
- Check under Patterns to pick a pattern for your background.
Applying Brand Colors to the Background:
With a Business subscription, you can easily add your brand's colors to the template.
- Make sure that you have added your brand colors under the My Brand section.
- Click on Background and select one of your brand colors from under Brand Colors.
- You can also use the shuffle feature under My Brand Kit to apply brand colors to the entire template. Select My Brand Kit from the toolbar on the left and click on the Shuffle button.
Add a photo to the background
Use these steps to add an image to your background:
- Click on the word Photos on the toolbar to the left. Type a keyword into the search bar and click on a photo to add it to the page. To use your own image click on Image Uploads.
- Once have an image is on the page drag the edges and corners to resize it. Click here for more information on editing images.
- Click on the image then click on the Move to back button found on the toolbar at the top.
Replace a background photo in a template
Use our Replace feature to switch background images on templates:
- To access this feature double click on the background image. You can also click the image then click Replace found on the top toolbar.
- A menu will appear on to the left. Pick a replacement image from the Photos library or add your own using the Uploads section.
- To reposition the image within the frame click on the image then click on the word Crop found on the top toolbar.
Create a Background Overlay:
Get creative with your background by creating an overlay effect:
- Click on the background image and then select the opacity button found on the toolbar at the top.
- Lower the image opacity. The lower the opacity, the more the background color will show through.
- Click on Background on the toolbar to the left and select a color or gradient.