Draft Version 2.0
Effective as of May 25, 2018
We are Venngage Inc., a company registered and operating under the laws of Canada. We respect your privacy and comply with applicable data protection and privacy laws. If you are a Venngage user or customer, or just visiting our website, this policy applies to you. When you sign-up or use our website and services, you are consenting to the processing of your personal data. Here's how we collect, use and protect your personal data and respect your privacy.
- When and how we collect data
- What types of data we collect
- Why we collect your data
- Your privacy rights
- Privacy of children
- How long do we store your data
- How we store your data
- Third parties who process your data
- Sharing of personal information
- How to contact us
1. When and how we collect data
From the first moment you interact with Venngage (via our website or our application), we are collecting data. We collect data in two main ways - some of the data is provided by you, and some of the data is collected automatically when you interact with Venngage. If you sign up via a third party like Facebook or Google or interact with our ads, we also collect some data from them. Here’s when and how we do this:
2. What types of data we collect
Here are the different types of data we collect from you:
- First and last name
- Email address
- The type of organization you work for
- Your role
- Credit card number and details
Data from your designs
- Any personal data you have entered into your designs (ie, resumes, CV,..etc)
Data that identifies you
- Your IP address
- Device & browser type and version
- Time zone setting
- Geolocation information about where you might be
- Operating system and version...
- Language preference
Data on how you use Venngage
- Your URL clickstreams (the path you take through our site)
- Features clicked or used, widgets added on designs, how you customize our templates, and other actions you take on the application
- How long you stay on our pages, what you do on those pages, how often
- Ads you have clicked and the platform they were served on
- Emails you have opened and links clicked
3. Why we collect your data
We use the personal information we collect to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of Venngage. We use your data for certain reasons where we have a legal basis to do so. Here are the reasons for which we process your data:
Delivery of our service
We collect your data to deliver our service to you - accessing your account (login and authentication), storing and accessing your designs, remembering your settings, and processing payment.
Personalization of user experience
We also use your data to personalize content on our website and application for you, such as displaying content in your preferred langauge. We use information of your role, type of organization, and your preferences to recommend templates and designs that are relevant to your work and style. We also recommend templates based on the types of designs you have created on the application.
We constantly measure and improve the user experience in Venngage. We use data on how users use Venngage to inform decisions such as new features, updating existing features, identifying and fixing bugs, managing the availability of our service and backend infrastructure, and optimizing the response times of page loads.
We use your information to respond to your customer support requests via chat, email or phone. We send you notifications to inform you of updates on your requests and/or other relevant information related to the requests.
Communicating with you
We send you emails to communicate important updates, new features, products and services, updated pricing, promotions and relevant content such as help articles, educational videos and webinars based on your role and the types of designs you have created.
With your consent, we may serve you ads based on third party sites such as Facebook and Google.
4. Your privacy rights
You can exercise your rights by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will comply with your request as soon as we can, no more than one month of your request.
Right of access
- the categories of data we’re processing
- the purposes of data processing
- the categories of third parties to whom the data may be disclosed
- how long the data will be stored
- your other rights regarding our use of your data
Right to update your personal data
You have the right to make us update incomplete, incorrect, unnecessary or outdated personal data about you.
Right to be forgotten
If you no longer want to use Venngage, you have the right to ask us to erase all personal and user data we hold about you. This includes all data in your account, including your designs.
Right to object to data processing
You have the right to request that we stop processing your personal data for marketing purposes, communication purposes or on other compelling legal ground.
Right to data portability
You have the right to request that your data be exported. If you are part of a Business or Education account with other users, we will not do so to the extent that this involves disclosing data about any other user. We will provide a copy of your data in JSON or CSV format.
Right to withdraw consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
You can exercise your rights by sending us an email at email@example.com. We will comply with your request as soon as we can, no more than one month of your request
5. Privacy of Children
Protecting the privacy of young children is important to us. Venngage services are intended for general audiences and are not directed towards young children. Children under 13 are not allowed to register with our website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of their parents or guardians. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
6. How long do we store your data
We will routinely archive and delete your data when you no longer use our services or interact with our communications.
We will stop actively using any personal identifiable information about you within 26 months from the last time you used Venngage or interacted with our communications.
We will delete your personal data from our archives no later than 8 years from the last time you used Venngage, interacted with our communications, or as agreed with you in a separate contract.
7. How we store your data
We consider the confidentiality and security of your information to be of the utmost importance. We will use industry standard physical, technical and administrative security measures to keep your personally identifiable information confidential and secure.
Because the Internet is not a 100% secure environment we cannot guarantee the security of personally identifiable information. Please remember that:
- You provide personal data at your own risk. Unfortunately, there is some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way to circumvent our security systems or that transmission of your information over the Internet will be intercepted.
- You are responsible of your username and password: keep them secret and safe!
- If you believe your privacy has been breached, please contact us immediately on firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Third parties who process your data
We use third party providers for a variety of data processing, storage, and communication needs. We believe these third party providers are the best-in-class in their respective roles. The following are our main third party service providers, and what data they collect or we share with them, and why they need it:
9. Information on cookies
What are cookies
How to block cookies
10. Sharing of personal information
Venngage does not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose your personal data to third parties unless otherwise stated in this policy.
- We may share your personal data if we have your consent to do so.
- We may be obligated by mandatory law to disclose your personal data to certain authorities or other third parties, for example, to law enforcement agencies in the countries where we operate. We may also disclose and otherwise process your personal data in accordance with applicable law to defend Venngage’s legitimate interests, for example, in civil or criminal legal proceedings.
- If we decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize our businesses in certain countries, this may involve us disclosing personal data to prospective or actual purchasers and their advisers, or receiving personal data from sellers and their advisers. By using this site, you acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Venngage may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
11. How to contact us
We’re always keen to hear from you. If you’re curious about what personal data we hold about you or you have a question or feedback for us on this policy, our websites or services, please get in touch.
As a technology company, we prefer to communicate with you by email – this ensures that you’re put in contact with the right person, in the right location, and in accordance with any regulatory time frames.
Please send us an email at email@example.com